- A tool for learning science by exploring and experimenting.
- Over 50 documented experiments and easy to add more.
- Wide range: High school and above.
- 4 channel Oscilloscope, 1Msps, +/-16V input range
- Sine/Triangular Wave Generator, 5Hz to 5kHz
- Programmable voltage sources, +/5V and +/-3.3V
- Frequency Counter and time measurements.
- Supports I2C standard sensors
- 12 - bit analog resolution.
- Open Hardware and Free Software.
- Software in Python programming language.
- Requires a USB port and Python interpreter
It is a hardware & software framework for developing science experiments, demonstrations and projects without getting in to the details of electronics or computer programming. It converts your PC into a data acquisition and control hub for a science laboratory.
The PHOENIX (Physics with Home-made Equipment and Innovative Experiments) project was started, in 2005 as a part of IUAC's outreach program, with the objective of developing affordable laboratory equipment and training teachers. The design of ExpEYES combines the real-time measurement capability of micro-controllers with the ease and flexibility of the Python programming language for data analysis and visualisation. It also functions as a test equipment for electronics hobbyists and engineering students. Software for all products from PHOENIX are distributed under GNU General Public License and the hardware designs are under CERN OHL.