For beginners to ubuntu
- Download the communication library and applications packages from the following links
- Install the gdebi package manager from the ubuntu software centre
- Right click on the libseelablet-1.0.0.deb package located in the Downloads directory , and open with gdebi . Click on install
- Right click on the seelablet-1.0.0.deb package located in the Downloads directory , and open with gdebi . Click on install
- Navigate to the Education menu, and launch the SEELablet program.
* In Ubuntu versions < 14.04 , the pyqtgraph plotting library might not be up to date. In which case download it from here , and install it using gdebi
Installing Debian packages (Automatic Script)
SEELablet packages will be available in the nextDebian release , but for now the packages can be automatically set-up using the following script
wget $URL$LIBNAME -q --show-progress -O lib.deb
if wget $URL$APPNAME -q --show-progress -O apps.deb ; then
echo "Fetched Apps... removing previous installation"
sudo apt-get remove -y libseelablet
sudo rm -rf /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/SEEL*
sudo rm -rf /usr/share/seelablet/
echo "Fetching Apps Failed"
sudo gdebi --n lib.deb
sudo gdebi --n apps.deb
Create an empty file called install.sh in the home folder, and copy the contents of the above script into it
Open a terminal, and execute the following commands.
sudo chmod +x install.sh
sudo apt-get install gdebi
This automatically downloads the source packages as well as associated dependencies
Installation from Source
git clone https://github.com/jithinbp/SEELablet
git clone https://github.com/jithinbp/SEELablet-Apps
sudo make install
sudo make install
Source links : The communication library and applications package source is available on github
Communication Library : https://github.com/jithinbp/SEELablet
Graphical utilities : https://github.com/jithinbp/SEELablet-Apps
Design files and schematics : https://github.com/jithinbp/SEELablet-designs