- Compact unit
- Software designed for Linux/Windows
- 12 Volt adapter
- High Voltages up to 1200V
- Avalanche begins at around 1000V
Signals accessible for monitoring on an oscilloscope
- Direct access via a serial monitor. Command list
- TIME 10 ; Set 10 seconds window for counting
- START ; start the counter
- TIME? ; elapsed time
- STOP ; stop the GM Counter . Automatically stops on timeout.
- VOLTS 500; set 500 volts
- VOLTS? ; read voltage
- COUNT? ; read total counts and elapsed time in mS
- V? ; Short version
- VER? ; read version string “cspark research GM Counter x.x”
- Software includes a built-in Python interpreter for programmable acquisition sequences.
- Example code provided for acquiring and plotting counts in a 60 second window for voltages ranging from 200V to 1000V.